Thursday, April 10, 2008

Beginings



A lot of people choose to begin new resolutions January 1st, but my new resolutions begin around spring time. In the winter time I have no or little motivation. When it's cold I tend to be very stationary. Now, however, it's warming up and I have all sorts of exciting plans for the upcoming spring and summer. Most of my exciting plans involve getting my girls out into the sunshine and playing with them. My mother-in-law was kind enough to procure a gently used tandem stroller for me and my goal is to go on walks with Carolyn and Lilia a couple times a week, either to the park or library near our house, each about 20 minutes away. Actually, that was my goal last spring as well, but I didn't do so well because I was pregnant with Lilia at the time and I couldn't tolerate the sun much. To be fair, I never tolerate the sun very well, but it's important to me that my children don't grow up as mushrooms, never venturing out into the great outdoors. In addition to the park and library, we'll also be going to the zoo. Since the zoo is a good 30-45 minute drive away, we'll be taking the car, but I'm sure the tandem stroller will come in handy there as well, since I usually have to forcibly remove Carolyn from the zoo. We're never there long enough for her liking.


Speaking of Carolyn, we made brownies yesterday. Whenever I am cooking something in the kitchen, she is always willing to help. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes not so much, but mostly it's a lot of fun for both of us. This was my first time ever making brownies (for some reason I thought they were hard to make) and so I wasn't sure they'd turn out well. The entire time we were mixing them together, Carolyn was begging me to let her have a taste. (She has a sweet tooth, and I don't know where she gets it from....okay maybe I do.) After I spooned the batter into the pan to bake, I finally let her have the beater. Carolyn is never more happy than when she's eating some tasty, sweet treat. As soon as the batter touched her tongue, she screamed in shocked delight, "It's chocolate!!!!" I don't know why that was such a surprise to her, maybe because I hardly ever make anything that is chocolate? I can't wait until Lilia is big enough to help too, and then all three of us can cook together.
But back to goals....one of my other goals is to do this blog. For some reason I thought I would have time to post a complete blog everyday, and I would if I didn't mind listening to my children squawk. Apparently they think I have better things to do than to be at the computer.... I think what I'll do is try to work on the blog daily, but post weekly. I guess I should have named this blog "Tiffaney's Week", but when I say that in my mind I hear "Tiffaney's Weak" and really, who needs that? Not I. Actually, I had to recruit my friend Mimi and my sister Rachelle to help me come up with "Tiffaney's Day" lol! Maybe doing this blog will help to stir my creative juices? (obviously they are in need of help!) Of course, as soon as I finalized the name for this blog, I came up with a bunch of other names that were more witty, creative, or fun. Isn't that always the way? I can always think of things that would have sounded cool to say after the situation has passed. But I'm going to stick with "Tiffaney's Day". It's easy to find for the chosen few that will actually know about this blog and, on rare occasion, read it. (The people that I'm telling about this blog don't usually spend a lot of time on the computer and I don't really expect them to check it out more than once a month or so.) But this blog is mostly for me, so that's okay.


1 comment:

Mimi Nowland said...

I love it! It is so long and it is almost like talking to you. You really are good at writing. I can't wait to read more, even though we talk all the time!