


I had great plans for today. We were going to make cookies to enjoy after family home evening and we were going to go to the park and play and be rowdy and have fun. So they weren't really grand plans, but I was really excited about doing them. Carolyn was also really excited about doing them. Lilia is game for anything. We did make the cookies, as you can see. Carolyn picked the shape for the cookies (bears, if you can't tell) and the color of the frosting and she put the sprinkles on (if you can't tell
). We did it while Lilia was napping in the morning and it was a lot of fun. Carolyn cut the cookies and as soon as I would turn my back to put the cookies on the baking sheet, she would say, "Can I have a little taste?" and she would start gobbling up the dough. She probably had an entire cookie's worth of raw dough, and I don't know why!! It's not even good cookie dough to eat (though it does make delicious cookies), and I would know this as I have eaten a lot of cookie dough throughout my life. Naturally, as soon as they were finished she was wanting to have one. I had promised myself that we would not eat any cookies until JT came home from work and we had our FHE, but she was persistent in her nagging and begging and I was weak (frosted sugar cookies are my favorite cookie) and we snacked on them and ate all but three, which we virtuously saved for FHE. I'm being totally generous when I say "we" because Carolyn would have been happy to have eaten them all long before JT came home from work. Now to be fair, the recipe only makes 12, and since Carolyn ate a cookie's worth of dough, we only had 11 total. In the picture with Lilia in her swing, you can see Carolyn holding a cookie. Lilia is actually smiling at the cookie. Whenever she sees food, particularly if it's tasty, she gets very cheerful and will try to charm you into giving her your food, even as she's determinedly trying to take away whatever food she can reach. Now this cookie looks like it's the size of a hamburger, but rest assured, that's just the camera angle. The cookies were actually modest in size. Just so you know. Not that I'm being defensive or anything. Did I mention that one of my goals is to lose, weight, get in shape and stay on the band-wagon-of-health??? Hahahahahahahah!! But speaking of goals.......
). We did it while Lilia was napping in the morning and it was a lot of fun. Carolyn cut the cookies and as soon as I would turn my back to put the cookies on the baking sheet, she would say, "Can I have a little taste?" and she would start gobbling up the dough. She probably had an entire cookie's worth of raw dough, and I don't know why!! It's not even good cookie dough to eat (though it does make delicious cookies), and I would know this as I have eaten a lot of cookie dough throughout my life. Naturally, as soon as they were finished she was wanting to have one. I had promised myself that we would not eat any cookies until JT came home from work and we had our FHE, but she was persistent in her nagging and begging and I was weak (frosted sugar cookies are my favorite cookie) and we snacked on them and ate all but three, which we virtuously saved for FHE. I'm being totally generous when I say "we" because Carolyn would have been happy to have eaten them all long before JT came home from work. Now to be fair, the recipe only makes 12, and since Carolyn ate a cookie's worth of dough, we only had 11 total. In the picture with Lilia in her swing, you can see Carolyn holding a cookie. Lilia is actually smiling at the cookie. Whenever she sees food, particularly if it's tasty, she gets very cheerful and will try to charm you into giving her your food, even as she's determinedly trying to take away whatever food she can reach. Now this cookie looks like it's the size of a hamburger, but rest assured, that's just the camera angle. The cookies were actually modest in size. Just so you know. Not that I'm being defensive or anything. Did I mention that one of my goals is to lose, weight, get in shape and stay on the band-wagon-of-health??? Hahahahahahahah!! But speaking of goals.......As for going to the park, I didn't get out of my pajamas until 4:30pm, when changed into sweats after finally showering. By that time it was very windy and definitely not park-fun-friendly weather. And that's too bad because we've had a really long winter and it's finally getting warm enough outside for us to play outside and we had been talking about going to the park all day long. We have plans to go to the zoo on Wednesday with some friends and it's supposed to get up to 59 degrees, so that should be fun.
Carolyn loves her hair. She'll tell me that she has beautiful, blonde, yellow hair that is shiny. Last night she was comparing our hair and saying that mine was brown and dark. Hers was light and blonde and beautiful and yellow and Daddy's hair was.......she though about this for a moment and then said, "Gray!" as she affectionately ruffled his hair. This is really funny because JT has been conscious of his hair graying and he doesn't like it and I have been telling him that it doesn't look that gray and that men look distinguished as their hair goes gray. (I color mine because I'd rather look young than distinguished, also being a woman, I don't think it would look as nice on me as it does on JT.) When she pronounced his hair gray, JT gave me this "told you so" look. He swears he didn't coach her.
1 comment:
Hysterical! I loved the last part about hair color. Carolyn sounds like a hoot, I really want to meet your kids. Keep blogging.
Post a Comment