

Those who know me, know that I love the library. One of the best things about library (other than encouraging a love for reading, of course) is that it's absolutely free. In the summer, it's even better than free. Yes, that's right, it's Summer Reading Program time. That time of year when you get a brand new, free book for every 40 books you read to your child(ren). This year is especially sweet because we get free books for reading to Lilia too. And, it gets even better because you can read to them at the same time and it counts for both of their reading logs. So I've been plopping Lilia down with me when I read to Carolyn. Sometimes Lilia is a willing participant, sometimes not so willing. But always a participant. Because you see, it's all about the FREE stuff, more than the love of reading for me. Shameful? Yes. But I think the love of reading will come anyway. It's not everyday that you can get free books. By the way, we got our first reading logs on Wednesday and turned them in, completed, by Friday at 11:00am. JT calls me the Reading Nazi. To be fair, I am a little militant about the whole thing, but I wouldn't call myself a Nazi for heaven's sake. But it all paid off because we walked out of the library with $22 worth of books, coupons for 4 free kids' meals, free ice skating passes, tickets to the county fair, tickets to the rodeo and a bouncy ball. (Not as many freebies from sponsors as they had last year, but the books seem to be nicer, so it's all good.) Carolyn's book is a Cinderella book with magnetized pages and magnets that go with the story and Lilia got a beautiful butterfly book that talks about colors. We have a bit of reading to do today and tomorrow, but I am very confident that we'll be walking out of the library with 2 more free books. Just see if we don't.
p.s. here are some pictures of Library Fun of the (not so distant) past. Lilia is being held by my lovely sister-in-law Melody.
1 comment:
Okay, there is point two for moving to Idaho (point one is you, of course). Your summer reading program sounds awesome, and way better than ours. We get free cheeseburgers at In-N-Out, nice, but not that nice. I am glad that you take the girls to the library, the love of reading will come. Another great blog, your girls are really beautiful.
Post a Comment